IRA Charitable Rollovers

IRA Charitable Rollovers

Did you know that taxpayers 70½ and older are required to take annual distributions from an IRA? These are ultimately subject to taxation.

But there’s a way to save on your taxes – and support our community.

With rollover contributions from your IRA, you can donate up to $100,000 each year to charitable organizations such as United Way – completely tax-free.

You or a loved one can use your investment to help build a stronger community.



Here is how you transfer funds from your IRA to United Way of the Eastern Panhandle:

  • Contact your IRA administrator
  • Tell your IRA administrator you wish to make a direct distribution from your IRA to United Way of the Eastern Panhandle
  • Request a check made payable to United Way of the Eastern Panhandle and indicate it is a distribution from the account of (your name)
  • Provide United Way of the Eastern Panhandle's Federal Tax ID #: 55-6024725